View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #16210
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just begun Ngaio Marsh's first of the Inspector Alleyn series, "A Man Lay Dead." I've only read one of her books before, 'Artists in Crime,' and enjoyed it. I've decided to read the whole series (but not one right after the other! I need variety.) So similar to Agatha Christie, but so different too! Good reads!

Stitchawl
I've been doing exactly that - reading the entire series, in order (in between other books) for about the last 18 months (I recently finished the 27th book in the series - there are 32 in all). The crimes in Marsh's books are often pretty simple - occasionally self-evident - but the real difference between Marsh and AC is the characters in the books. AC's characters are 2-dimensional cardboard figures; Marsh's come across as real people whom you actually care about.

I'd advise trying to read them in order if you can; there's real character development as the series progresses.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote