View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #53
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
I tested my unit by not letting it go to sleep but turn it off when I finish reading. On turning it on again, I was able to read, use the dictionary, change the dictionary without problems.

The issue seems definitely related to going to sleep or waking from sleep.

I'm not convinced it is a Ram issue, because if that was the case, I would have had problems while using it the way I was doing these last days.

I suspect that while my unit was rooted, a malicious app that I might have installed could have modified something not in the system or data partitions because if the problem was there, then the restore set, combined with a factory reset would have solved the issue.

So by exclusion I suspect that that the presumed malicious code lies elsewhere. The question is, in which partition? And therefore, is it possible to copy this partition from another PRS-T1?

Any help is mostly appreciated.
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote