View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've just installed W8 as a test and here is what I have (or am doing) to get these 3rd party add-ons to install.
  • Using IE downloaded Calibre (used defaults in IE), ensured I selected SAVE option
  • Installed calibre
  • Download 3rd party add-ons (used defaults in IE), ensured I selected SAVE option
  • Clicked "gear" symbol in IE and selected "View Downloads" (Ctrl J)
  • Clicked the "Open" button adjacent to the zip file downloaded
  • Screen now shows the contents of the zip file just downloaded
  • Drag the Calibre_Plugins entry to one of the locations shown on the left hand side of the screen; I selected Downloads listed under Favorites
  • In calibre, go to Preferences | Plugins | Load plugin from file
  • In the directory selection box displayed, click on the same location as you extracted the directory to (so in my case Downloads listed under Favorites and then double-click on Calibre_Plugins to open that folder
  • Finally select which plugin you want to install
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote