View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuster View Post
is it possible to search for wrong entries in any way, maybe with a plug-in?
is there a flag in the main database or will it generated (the red backround) at runtime then i open the metadata site?
If you want to compare your data to the data on an external metadata site - there's no way currently to do that. A plugin is possible, but I don't think it would be useful, External metadata sites have very bad metadata. It's good as a starting point, but almost all of my books with excellent metadata will fail to match some piece of metadata from the external sites.

However, if your definition of "bad metadata," includes missing metadata, it's easy to find that.
Code:
cover:false
will find missing covers.
Similar searches will find empty descriptions, authors marked "Unknown," misspelled words, etc.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote