View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
(Sorry if I've thrown cold water on those who are happy with dropbox, but that's how I see it. I'm willing to listen to contrary views if you think I'm wrong.)
Nothing you said is wrong.

But can be easily mitigated by being careful (manual). Also, Dropbox in addition to syncing also retains older versions of files. So, if the metadata.db file does get corrupted you can always go back to a previous version.

You could probably also easily mitigate it buy using a .bat file to start calibre. It can write a "inuse.txt" dummy file in the dropbox/calibre... and delete it on exit. In this case if the batch files sees the text file there it will exit with an error that calibre is in use on another PC.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote