View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #989
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Hello, Rev Bob:

Thanks for answering - but I'm really not much further along - what I was really looking for was the HTML, and CSS is really just a part of HTML - I think of CSS as a kind of HTML subroutine - the constructs that the Kobo family (and they might not be consistent across the entire Kobo line) recognize. If you do a Google search for "supported CSS properties and selectors", what comes up is a discussion of what browsers support what. If you do a similar search in Mobile Read | ePub - guess what - you get nothing!

So I am still looking for someone - and someone must have a list of what HTML constructs work with Kobo and which ones don't - and how to do various things needed to produce usable, readable material. I've been looking a long time without success. Most of what I know I've "learned" the hard way. But so far, despite trying dozens (literally) of everyone's idea of how to do a 'conditional page break' I haven't been successful!

Still hoping!

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote