View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #52
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I don't even remember which company I was in! and it wasn't as long ago! actually I was in two companies, I got bronchial pneumonia, ended up in the hospital and was recycled
I got two upper respiratory infections. After the second, I couldn't run ¼ the way around the track for the qualifications. The next day I was feeling a bit better, but was penalized for my performance on the track by being made to run up and down the company while the company jogged 7 miles to the rifle range. The day following that I was back in the hospital for a third stay—this time with pneumonia. It's nothing short of astounding that with all of this occurring within an eight week period I wasn't recycled. The only thing that saved me was that trainees at Ft. Jackson at the time were dropping dead from spinal meningitis during training, and the Army wanted to get as many people as possible through basic before it became a public scandal.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote