View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
(1) Will there be any problems later when I actually register my Kobo Glow?
There shouldn't be any problems. I had an account I used with other Kobo devices and I was able to register my Glo on my account. Kobo was strictly an ebook store for a time before they launched their first device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
(2) Can the calibre plugins handle the conversion of epubs bought from Kobo.com, so that I can read them on my other devices?
Kobo offers epubs in two different formats. When you sync your device wirelessly or through the desktop software, the Kobo epub (kepub) versions are synced onto your device. However, most books also have an Adobe epub version available. What I do when I purchase a book on Kobo is sync the kepub onto my device, but I also download the Adobe epub as a backup. The standard Calibre plugins for the Adobe adept DRM works on these files.

The books I've seen that don't have an Adobe epub version are usually free classics, but you can also get those from Project Gutenberg or elsewhere. Just make sure to check first, before you purchase an ebook, to make sure it's available in the Adobe epub version.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote