View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
moonfaerie24
moonfaerie24 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are telling it to do conflicting (multiple) sorts.
You have differing Authors, Differing Titles.
Series [index] ONLY relevant sort if you want series order

The only time you can (want to?) do 'Bias' (the prior sort) is when the INDEX is the same
Then a single (title or Author) prior (bias) sort is relevant.
Only when the author is IDENTICAL, and the series[index] are the same can you sort on Author (kind of redundant), then title, then Series
I'm not sure what you mean by conflicting things. I want it to sort by author, then within author I would like it to sort by series. In my example all the book were by the same author, in the same series, and would not sort correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
If you want to sort on series, then you need to click on series last.

I think that you want to click title, then author, then series, to get the sort you want to have.

Also you have to make sure that author and series are spelled identical, otherwise all bets are off.
I want it to sort by author, then series, not just series, so I am clicking them in the right order for what I want, it's simply not ordering it correctly. And I have quadruple checked that all the author and series information is identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Also note that for author it is the author_sort field that is actually used for the sort. It is possible to have identical author fields that do not have the same author_sort value.
Yes, all my author and author sort fields are identical (green).

Last edited by moonfaerie24; 09-17-2013 at 01:03 AM.
moonfaerie24 is offline   Reply With Quote