View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentE View Post
I was on Amazon (US) about midnight last night, and got a banner that said I could claim a coupon voucher for $60 off a Kindle. This seemed to be good for the entire Kindle line, from the basic Touch to the large Kindle Fire HD. Clicked to apply, verified, and went shopping.
This made the Touch $9, Paperwhite 2 for just under $60, 7" Fire HD for $79, etc. The voucher credit didn't show up until I started the checkout process, but worked seamlessly.
I don't know what triggers the voucher offer-- I'm a Prime member, buy items from Amazon regularly, don't have a Kindle registered to my account (only Kindle App readers), 'buy' a fair number of freebies & a limited number of cash-transaction ebooks, and very little other digital content. I bookmarked the "claim voucher" page, and checked to see if we could get it to work on my wife's Amazon account, but it said her account wasn't qualified. (She has a Kindle registered, buys more cash-transaction ebooks & fewer "feebies" than me, almost no other digital content, and is not a Prime member.)
So.... If you've got an Amazon account, it might be smart to visit Amazon and see if you get the banner offer. (This was a pretty noticeable banner across the top of the Amazon page I was on, but was not a pop-up, so you'll have to watch for it.) The voucher expired at midnight on the 31st (today).
I was tempted for a Kindle Touch for myself (so I don't have to read on my phone), or a toy tablet, but opted for the Paperwhite model for my wife. She uses her Touch all the time, and I think she'll enjoy the upgrade to the Paperwhite (and it'll get me off the Christmas desperation search.....)

KentE
What is the coupon code please?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote