View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #232
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Jon ~ Thank you so much! It worked like a charm. I had tried to run that command before but was unsuccessful because I didn't try to run it in the Book Designer directory.

I've scanned, OCRed, and Book Designed my first book and am thrilled with the results! I need to do a little more fiddling with the OCR software (Omnipage 17 Standard Edition) to get rid of the book title, author's name, and page numbers without having to do it by hand but other than that, I couldn't be happier. One strange option with OP17 Standard is that it will allow me to make save the opd file as a "Kindle doc". I don't know what that means, but if it makes creating an ebook version easier, I'm all for it (even though they used the word "Kindle" :shudder: )

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to help us newbies with Book Designer. HarryT, Patricia, AndyBaby, JSWolfe, etc., you are all my heroes!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote