View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #22751
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'll be curious to hear how it is. I've been thinking Tom Cruise was a terrible choice because he's just not big enough, but I read an interview with the author the other day and he seems very satisfied with how he plays the role. Let us know what you think.
I went in with fairly low expectations, and did my best to forget that Reacher should be 6' 5", and actually quite enjoyed the movie. It felt like a good old seventies detective story, low on the high-tech wizardry, and high on content and plot. The movie felt a lot longer than an hour and a half, in a good way. So all in all, worth seeing, though I'll never quite accept Cruise as Reacher. Think of him as Reacher's little brother, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I made it with a day to spare. 79.7kg today.
Well done Stitchawl! Sorry to hear about the Delhi-Belhi - not the best way to see the New Year in.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote