View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #424
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlubber View Post
Oh, but now it just says access denied. And I am running on a :
kindle 4NT with SO and username as root, I still wont say my password (but I might if this keeps up?=)
Access denied can mean more than one thing.

try a port scan of the device. check 22 is actually open. if not you have another issue.

also: Capitalisation is important in those password generators. ensure you have the correct password. I think that applies to the python method. try mixing the case and see.
(I did try testing this but didn't have python on my device. I should go put it on there)

HTH

EDIT: Telling us your password won't help. but describing your exact method of deriving the password might just throw up an error in "process". for example.

The "how you got there" is often just as important as "what you got".

Last edited by twobob; 10-22-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: how, not what, python, extra notes
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote