Thread: Odyssey Dictionaries: WANTED
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #41
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Since Bookeen has not implemented a "search in dictionary" function yet, I attach to this post a sample EPUB file that might be used to "emulate" the search function.

It contains the list of words, grouped by starting letter and 4-letters prefix, so that one can "navigate" through the EPUB, find the desired word, select it and have the dictionary definition displayed.

I attach the EPUB generated for the ENGLISH dictionary that I helped developing for SBF, based on the GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English (despite being named "en.wikipedia.dict"). You can get it here:

DICT.IDX: http://bit.ly/wfCrcK
DICT: http://bit.ly/Ao8JjI

Usage (looking for "yerd"):

1) Open dictionary.v1.epub on the Odyssey, as any other EPUB file.
2) Select "Letter Y".
3) Select "YEAS - YIN" (as "yerd" falls into this interval).
4) Locate "yerd" and select it.
5) The dictionary should pop the definition of "yerd" up.

This test EPUB was generated by a Python script that will be merged into Penelope project, time permitting. Let me know what you think about it or should you have any suggestions/comments.
Attached Files
File Type: epub dictionary.v1.epub (890.5 KB, 567 views)
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote