View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #57
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post

"Anything goes award winners" and "major non-genre award winners" are two very different possible categories. ...
I was leaning towards the latter, but like the "Major award winner" better. But don't want to completely rule out a major award winner that is also a major genre award winners. Genre major award winners may be frowned upon, but I wouldn't rule them out completely. Let the voting decide.

Quote:
... "Any book in any genre modern fiction" and "More realistic dramatic plots modern fiction" are two very different possible categories. ...
I was thinking more towards the latter. Stuff that doesn't fit neatly into any of the other categories. For example, if something like The Master and Margarita was written recently, I don't think we should dismiss it offhand.

Quote:
... In this situation, I think the best thing for anyone to do before supporting those categories is to assume the definition they'd least like to be used will be.
I assume the opposite. I think everyone will do the "right" thing. Let the voting decide.

For example, we haven't needed a clarification of what "classic" means.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote