View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #21616
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I loved you in the morning, our kisses deep and warm
Your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy golden storm
Yes, many loved before us, I know that we are not new
In city and in forest, they smiled like me and you
But now it's come to distances and both of us must try
Your eyes are soft with sorrow Hey, that's no way to say goodbye

I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time
Walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
You know my love goes with you as your love stays with me
It's just the way it changes like the shoreline and the sea
But let's not talk of love or chains and things we can't untie
Your eyes are soft with sorrow Hey, that's no way to say goodbye

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgI3BOA8ky8 )

Good morning, all! Welcome to Wednesday! Rainy day today, and a good day to go for a long walk through the underground shopping arcades in Osaka. The halls go on for mile after mile, branching every few hundred feet, until I'm so lost I have to come up to the surface streets to figure out where I am! But first... East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea, a bowl of rice and crab, with another of miso soup. Still keeping the calories down and the exercise up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
We are high school sweethearts so we are both still relatively young (33 & 32), so we hopefully have many more decades together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Smart move waiting until you were ready to marry.
How true that is! I was married and divorced twice before I was 33!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
How about a camera and lens like this setup -- where you need to hire an assistant just to hold the lens?
Two of my lenses have tripod mounts. Not nearly as big as this bad boy, but still... If I mounted the lens and put the camera on the tripod instead of the lens, the lens would probably snap right off! The one I used for these shots isn't nearly as big, but it still weighs several pounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
As ProfCrash says, it's the second picking of the season.
Having spent quite a bit of time in various tea plantations in India, Japan, and Malaysia, I've only run into a few these days (mostly in India because the wages are so low) that actually still 'hand pick' their tea leaves. Most commercial growers have these really neat mechanical rolling hedge clippers with a meter-long curved blade. The really big plantations in Japan that we ride through in Uji use what looks like narrow mini-golf carts with the cutting blade extended to the side. The tea hedges look perfectly manicured when they are done with the harvest. Very different from what you see in hand-picked gardens in India.

Quote:
India Blacks, in general, tend to be quite different from China blacks, though I often think that there's a certain similarity between a good Keemun and a good 2nd flush Darjeeling.
TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!!!!!! (I'll stop screaming and sit down now...) I really don't like Darjeelings, regardless of the flush or estate, (I've tried. God KNOWS I've tried...) but I've rarely found a black tea from a reputable source that displeases me.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote