Thread: E-book prices
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I have a price point for books, but I also have a quality point for books too. I buy books that are sold to me DRM free, which means that the rights are MINE as to how, where and when to read the book.

I prefer that the book be substantially lower in price to the physical counterpart, because it still cannot outlast digital obsolescence like a physical book can.

Paper will always be readable except for physical damage. 20 years from now who knows, that drm'ed epub may not work on the new gadget I need to buy. But books I bought 30 years ago are still readable. Books are not something I should have to re-buy to fit the next gizmo that comes along. It's a book.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote