View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Athens80
Connoisseur
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetaoofrecovery View Post
Nevertheless, I suppose that I could go through and cut and paste my highlights from the web into a MSWord file, then go back into Kindle Fire and delete those highlights which should then allow the ones that are hidden to sync and display. But my goodness, what an absolute ridiculous effort to have to make for something as simple, forthright, and practical as digital highlighting.... some of us do research and writing and would like to be able to do that efficiently. If I wanted to jump through all these hurdles I might do what another in this thread has done and revert to hard copies but that seems to defeat the whole purpose as well!
To focus the conversation, please note that you are not reporting a shortcoming in highlighting within the Kindle apps. You are reporting a limitation in exporting large amounts of text you have highlighted in at least one Kindle book to other text applications. It is obvious that Kindle provides more digital text exporting than a paper book.

You have stated that you want to export unlimited portions of text from all Kindle books. Sirmaru has proposed that you do that from the Kindle for PC app. Have you considered this?
Athens80 is offline   Reply With Quote