Thread: Cover Design
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Device: None
Just to open up the design aspect a little more in this thread. I've found it amazing how the restrictions of modern web design (CSS markup etc) force design into a different direction and that's not always necessarily bad. Because you have to think about bandwidth and accessibility you have to think differently, create more broadly than you would have to for covers (where the limitations aren't as restrictive). Here's what I came up with over the weekend... not finished, but I'm only just learning CSS at any level (the bottom level at the moment ) The introduction text becomes the navigation for areas of the site. Instead of a visual button (which takes up space and bandwidth) coloured and linked text does the job.

EDIT: And also, when designing its not just book-covers, but logos for series (which my pulp venture will be focusing on). You want the total experience across the board. Logos are also below for the (tentative) starting line up of the company.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	289
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	51748   Click image for larger version

Name:	logos.png
Views:	282
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	51749  

Last edited by Dusty Bottoms; 05-17-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote