View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfiore View Post
I use pw1 with 5.3.4 and kual 2.5
when I use your great script the time is set 1/2hour fast... half of an hour? Also if it was about "local" time I feel time zones are 1 hour each, 24 different time zone.

I fired it few minutes before 14:00... 2pm
It also seems to set it to 2AM (more 30 minutes)

btw. if I reboot, the clock gets lost. How could it happen if it's hw set?

System time and date reset using:
it.pool.ntp.org ntp1.inrim.it ntp2.inrim.it pool.ntp.org
ntpdate message was:
11 Mar 02:28:53 ntpdate[9576]: adjust time server 193.204.114.232 offset 0.005797 sec
hardware clock reset to system time as:
Wed Mar 11 02:28:53 2015 0.000000 seconds
I haven't heard of that happening before.

Ah, not all time zones are 1 hour, there are some local zones that are less (for local (say, country wide) purposes).

From the message, both your software and hardware clocks are being set correctly.
The problem must be on the time display -
There have been other reports that people have had to set or re-set the time zone (display) file(s).

It is rare, I don't recall the details, but it is posted here, somewhere (maybe even in this thread).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote