View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #414
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Hi, quick note to thank you for this plugin (so helpful! I'm especially impressed that you can check duplicates across multiple libraries... so useful!) and to ask a few idalistic (nitpicky?) questions...

-Is there a way to set the duplicates plugin search results to automatically select both (or all) of the results in each set of dupes? I seem to have a lot of trouble getting the selection to include more than the first auto-selected item. Clicking and dragging requires first a click outside the results and then restart within that set of dupes (because drag won't work on that first try), and shift-arrow selecting the second dupe doesn't work because arrows don't work for some reason.

I did figure out that if I right-arrow first then I can down or up-arrow select among results, but still there's a lot of clicking and arrowing and what have you. Wouldn't be a problem for me except that my mouse is on its last legs and wants to double-click every time I click so I'm stuck opening and closing a lot of books when that was never my intention. obv not your problem.

OT probably but maybe you know...is there a reason why the old rule whereby the first-selected of two or more items was the ruler-owner-successor to merges when you choose to merge duplicates? I seem to have reverted to a calibre where the uppermost in a list of dupes is what wins out and it seems that a) rarely is that the one I wanted and b) any of my attempts to resort the list so that the record I want to be the ruling metadata for the merged group... either doesn't achieve the desired affect or causes all the duplicate groups to be un-grouped and now just a list of books in a window... so I don't know how to get back to the grouped dupes without having to re-run the plugin.

Back to kudos - this plugin has saved me so much time in the last week its unbelievable. thank you again for creating it and making it available.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote