View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Frothy
Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibbler1138 View Post
I have the same exact problem as you!

Mine started after I decided to crack open the case on mine to fix the rattling loose screw issue I've had for 2 years.

FWIW, I bought a used Kindle 3 Keyboard (wifi only) and tried swapping screens. No luck!

Here's what I've been through so far in detail: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2367694

So mine is 2+ years old and very much out of warranty (not to mention I cracked it open). I called support and got a nice guy who couldn't help me and suggested I put it back together and use their trade-in feature to get about $15 toward a new one.

Did you send the old one in?
Hi,
SNAP! I've just checked out your photo on dropbox and as you say it's EXACTLY the same!!! And there's me thinking I was only one with the prob!

I'm sorry you went to the trouble and expense of swapping the displays, I won't do that now! Lol

I had a bit more luck with Amazon than you. Initially they offered me a £18 discount on the £69 wifi kindle, which I thought was fair as my kindle is also out of warranty. Anyhows I rang them up a week later to take them up on their offer, and stone the crows the CS guy said he'd send me a new KK with 3G to boot! which mine never had. I've put in the draw and am still using the faulty one (the text is fine). The only problem is that Amazon de-registered it! But thank heaven for good old Calibre which now removes the DRM for me so I can still read my purchases.

EDIT: In answer to your question, as you've no doubt guessed by now they said I could keep my old one.

Last edited by Frothy; 01-05-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Frothy is offline   Reply With Quote