View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@Jellby --

Quote:
According to Wikipedia, the use of superscripts for ordinals in English should be avoided nowadays.
Thanks for the link

Quote:
The 16th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style states: "The letters in ordinal numbers should not appear as superscripts (e.g., 122nd not 122nd)", as do the Bluebook[1] and style guides by the Council of Science Editors,[2] Microsoft,[3] and Yahoo!.[4] Two problems are that superscripts are used "most often in citations" and are "tiny and hard to read".[1] Some word processors format ordinal indicators as superscripts by default (e.g. Microsoft Word[5]). Style guide author Jack Lynch (Rutgers) recommends turning off automatic superscripting of ordinals in MS Word, because "no professionally printed books use superscripts."[6]
Who can argue with that?

I'll also turn it off in my MS Word also

I will keep the RegEx and probably use it as a starting point for other things.

However, the most frustrating editing task right now is 'Need #1' to insert a space for text like "JohnSmith" (s/b "John Smith") and "missingLink" (s/b "missing Link"). I have no idea how so many words got joined

@Danger --

I'll try the suggestion tonight

Paul
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote