View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
@Trouhel

Thanks for infos and advices.

As a Linux user, my workflow begins with OpenOffice. I already use writer2xhtml to convert to EPUB (writer2xhtml is a part of writer2latex) and Sigil to complete it (dropcaps, others...). I tried recently to use whatever but failed to install it. All my current process is very basic and Prince produced PDF, once understood, are equally basic.

My wish would be to learn how to produce ebooks adding some few advanced microtypography features (extrusion), thin spaces, ligature fonts... In the world of ebooks, these features are seen like luxury (professional) items.

But I am frightened to take Latex on my own just for this purpose. Knowing that my wish concerns only ebooks (no magazines, or sites) in EPUB or PDF formats, I would gladly reconsider the process above if there was also a plain and direct way to do these kind of things.

Last edited by roger64; 08-10-2012 at 02:32 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote