View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #29
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
It is a totally out of context mention of a unsubstantiated guess from earlier in the piece with no connection to the section I quoted. And if that WAS the writers intention to link the part I quoted with that, then I'm doubly of suspicious of the writers composition abilities, and their ability to make arguments and draw conclusions.

ApK
I agree that the sentence you refer to (starting "But what if someone got the book from a library or borrowed it from a friend?") does not follow as any sort of conclusion from the immediately preceding paragraph - as the "But" would have you expect. So yes, that is a definite fault.

However there is the paragraph "If removing reviews does have to do with Amazon verified purchases ..." just a short distance above, in the same section of the post, so the context was present and (I thought) easily understood. It just needed an editor to tidy it up a bit, though I'm not sure how common place it is to get blog posts professionally edited. I know that I did not go to extremes editing this post, so there could be some (hopefully minor) faults.

Last edited by gmw; 07-19-2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Editing :)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote