View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
This is rather odd. Mobi Desktop sends the files to the correct folder on the Kindle. The files are placed in 'documents', not "books". If the files are placed in the wrong spot on the Iliad, then the problem is in Mobi Desktop.
Well now, that *is* weird. Being a Linux user, I don't use the Mobipocket software on the PC, not the iLiad desktop software, but just use it like a USB drive. The Mobipocket manual says Mobipocket files are to be placed in the Mobipocket folder within Books. I assumed they wouldn't work anywhere else. But I've now done a test, and it's quite possible to put a Mobipocket book in the Books folder -- in fact it creates its own directory, just like a PDF book does. Not only that, but you can edit the file properties, which you can't do with files in the Mobipocket folder, which makes sorting them rather easier.

On that note, I shall go away and take all my books out of the Mobipocket folder.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote