View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #15
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
This brings up a question. I am new to eReading and Kobo as well and have been used ADE. I was wondering if, assuming I wanted to buy from Amazon, Calibre, which I have not downloaded or used yet, would convert the Amazon book to ePub.
You can't do it directly. Amazon's books are protected with their own DRM, which Calibre on its own cannot decode. There are tools available which will remove the DRM, but these are not discussed or referenced directly on MR forums, probably due to their questionable legality in some jurisdictions. However, if you do ever need it, there are several threads giving hints on how you can locate these tools.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote