View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #15
cklammer
Zealot
cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cklammer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Centro, Acer Aspire One
There is a way ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
THANKS, jellby! sheesh, i've been looking for animal farm so long i've lost track. thanks for doing that. BTW, if you're gonna do animal farm, you're really required to do 1984. ya just can't have one without the other. you're kinda honor-bound now, ya know?
There is a way .... (there usually is)

I took the latest lrf versions of Orwell's books and essays here on the site and converted them to epub using the "LRFTools" (with default parameters) described elsewhere here on the site. "LRFTools" requires Java installed and only works from the commandline.

I am attaching a thumbnail which shows how the 1984 epub converted from lrf looks in the epubreader firefox extension. The font is a bit small and skinny but that is specific to this epub/lrf source. One can always fiddle with the parameters during the conversion.

PM me if you want my conversion results - I don't want to take the thread more off-topic than it already is. There actually is a thread for begging in the "E-book Uploads" parent forum, you know. ;-)

Forget the copyright notice - that is coming from the forum system.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1984-epub-converted-from-lrf-with-lrftools-using-default-thumb.gif
Views:	562
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	41701  

Last edited by cklammer; 12-22-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something
cklammer is offline   Reply With Quote