View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #7
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
The 1150 rocks!

I have a couple of them - the Gemstar models and the eBookwise one too. For me, it's not just the screen size and the smart layout of the page turning buttons, but the form factor and the light weight.

I have a 1200 and a 2150 - those were the big colour ebook readers made by RCA and Gemstar. (The 2150 is just the 1200 with a new label stuck over top of the old one.) The colour is nice and the screen size is great, and the removable batter pack is awesome, BUT the darn thing is too heavy to hold upright with one hand. Oh, you can do it, but boy, does your arm get tired after a while. Not to mention the page turning buttons are on the opposite side, so you need to use your other hand to change pages.

The 1150 is grayscale, and frankly, the quality of the screen could be better. I wish they had chosen a dial for the contrast setting because it needs regular adjusting as the unit gets warmer. And I wish it used SD or something, not smart memory which only goes up to 128mb, but just the same it's my daily ebook reader and I'm not giving it up!

Last edited by BuddyBoy; 03-21-2005 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Typo
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote