View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Sony PRS-505/E-PUB news/reflow resets

Does anyone happen to know if the 505 will self-reset if it runs out of memory when reflowing an epub document?

I'm asking as I just ran the .14 version of calibre grabbing several days worth from Tom's Hardware under windows today, and have been having problems where it looks like its reflowing(the rotating arrows icon) runs for a bit, then the reader reboots. The epub is fairly large, as I'd been running under linux for several days and using calibre .14 there w/no problems.

Other sites, e.g. the Register, Ars, etc. are running fine, and after reading/deleting those I re-tried THW and it rebooted the reader again but it looks like the reflow lasted a bit longer.

The 505's main storage(flash) has about 95MB free, and since it still occurs after reboot almost all DRAM should be available minus what is being used by the kernel + Sony apps.

I'll try to check the size of the THW epub later today and update, but I haven't the time ATM and will be away from the machine for several hours. The info button on the reader reports it as 4.2MB(seems kind of small to exhaust memory)

Any other ideas? (If necessary when I? have time I'll try re-formatting internal memory. Also have a 128MB uSD card in a SD adapter in use on the device, battery icon shows c. 50%, US model .18040)
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote