View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #50
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@BR: you need to set extra spacing to add between rows to something negative in Preferences->Look & Feel to reduce row height in Qt 5.
@kovidgoyal - Max negative -5px gets me half way there (32 to 40) , any chance of upping the maximum -ve to -10px.

Aside : I don't the like 'flat' look much, in particular in a long list, large file, I find button on the vertical scroll bars harder to discern than the current 'rounded' look. I've noticed this on other 'flat' gui's (eg chrome browser) but I don't use the scroll bar button as much in those programs as I do in calibre book list and editor.

@chaley - I have some icons hooked to 'dummy' int fields where the rule is based on other columns
  • one is based the content of a custom comments column;
  • another is based on Formats (sad face if none);
  • I also have a fixed set of values column where the icon is varies according to value - nothing if not set, red spot if value1, yellow spot if value2, blue spot if value3 etc.

I'm not seeing any of those icons in V1.200 portable

Aside : Post 1.43 install I noticed the 'edges' of my icon columns had traces of the column values showing - I didn't report it because I wasn't certain it hadn't always been thus. But on Monday I had cause to look at the L&F->Set icons tab, and I noticed all my icons were set to show icon with text. I'm 'sure' they were all icon with no text. I can believe I might have inadvertently changed one of them, but less so that I would have changed all five. Anyway it was easily fixed - but seeing your response to davidfor I thought I'd mention it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote