View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Me neither. A computer has to be able to load programs on it for me to call it a computer. Otherwise everything is a computer these days. My DVD player is still not a computer to me. I microwave is still not a computer to me. Even though they all contain microprocessors in them. If you can't get to the OS and load programs on it then it is a dedicated machine, not a computer.
Yes, of course. And with the Nokia machines you can do that. And you can write programs in it ans so on. But a machine nowadays that you cannot connect to the internet is not really a general computer anymore.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote