View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #181
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
koreader-v2013.03-273-g01d0425.zip is missing koreader_kobo.sh.

Is there any chance of getting KOReader to work with Kobo Launcher?
I find the change in the KoboLauncher ini file to launch KOReader directly from there too dangerous, I ran a few times into the problem of KOReader starting directly from there after a reboot with no chance to connect to USB anymore, so I had to open the device to rewrite the internal SD card. Would be much better if I had one more step where I had to confirm that I really want to run KOReader to prevent this...
Bypass the launcher all together, don't use the .ini file.
Edit /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh and put in it:

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh /mnt/onboard
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard

Put it in at the start and you can ignore the rest of the old code. Take out or change the end of line carriage returns Hex (0d) or replace them with linefeeds Hex (0a).

Luck;
Ken

I was thinking of mentioning the idea of having the above preceded by a pop up menu with three selections 1 Launcher 2 KoReader 3 Cancel

That way the issue of the corruption of Koreader's display when called from the launcher would be avoided and the option of using the Launcher for other purposes would be retained. Giorgio mentioned that he was headed off for a holiday so I didn't want to bring it up until he got back.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-11-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: awake now and read "WS64"'s recent posts, sorry
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote