View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat59 View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. I hacked the Touch about a year ago using an MP3 file on an earlier firmware version. I disabled the hack long ago, and tried to update the firmware today and got error 006. Amazon support couldn't get it to update. It's just out of its 1 year warranty so they only offered a $30 coupon for a Paperwhite. Did you get yours to finally update? Any advice?
you "disabled" the hack how?

IIRC that was the first JB vector. was there not an "uninstaller" provided at that time?

Also... is this the ONLY modification you ever made.

Seems a bit unlikely that you Jailbroke the device and then did nothing else. What would be the point?

So... yeah.. list of mods.

OR

Obviously: the easy answer (That we give again and again) is to reflash the rootfs with a tool. this would fix that issue. I should know. I did it myself.

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote