View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #240
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
Quite an old post, yiming. I've tried several Gui Launcher applications and they works pretty well. I chose HackedUpReader to read my Chinese epub books in the hope of avoiding to install duokan, but it seems that's quite impossible. It has such a bad Chinese font rendering for txt and epub though I did try my best to adjust those configurations. I am using bhaak's 1.3.2 version, and I failed to find there is a "Document embedded styles" option. And there is also a library.so something. Does it give any help? I am feeling very appreciated for your help last time about how to install Chinese fonts in simple way, now my kindle reads Chinese very neatly. Could you please give me any direction this time? Thanks.
i'm using bhaak's Hacked Up Reader version 0.2.1, and varnie's HackedUpReader Launcher. i didn't install the freetype library.

i find the font rendering satisfactory, here's a screen capture, the font used is xHei:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-20T16_39_56-0055.gif
Views:	752
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	96540

as i've mentioned, the only thing i'm not happy with is the punctuation marks appearing at the first column.

btw, let me correct what i've said in that last posting. for text file, you need not set "Preformatted text" to Off. and for epub, you don't have to set "Document embedded styles" to off. it seems that the most important setting is "Fallback font face". as long as you set it to a Chinese font, you should have no problem reading epub, text or mobi books.

Lately, however, i've problem changing the "Fallback font face". i'm stuck at page 2 of the selection and can't go to page 1 to select other fonts. whenever i tried to go to page 1, the programme will close. not sure if it's because of incompatible issue with other apps i've installed.

Last edited by yiming; 11-20-2012 at 08:36 PM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote