View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #67
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
I've modified the "orientation" entry in the GUI Launcher to avoid the 6 taps problem when in landscape mode.

This is my new /mnt/us/extensions/orientation/menu.json file:
Code:
{
  "items": [
    {
      "name": "Orientation",
      "priority": 5,
      "items": [
        {"name": "Portrait", "priority": 0, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "U"},
        {"name": "Portrait Inverted", "priority": 1, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "D"},
        {"name": "Landscape Left", "priority": 2, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "L"},
        {"name": "Landscape Right", "priority": 3, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "R"}
      ]
    }
  ]
}
I've created a /mnt/us/extensions/orientation/bin directory containing this setorientation.sh shell script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

SETPROP=/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop
PREFS=/var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs

case "$1" in
"L"|"R")
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock $1
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn true
        ;;
"U"|"D")
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock $1
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn $({ grep onPageTurn $PREFS || echo false ; } | sed 's/.*=//')
        ;;
esac
The script set display refresh to always on when in landscape mode, and resets it to user setting when in portrait.

This fix works only when you turn pages. The problem is still there when you swipe to jump between chapters. After 6 swipes, the display does not refresh anymore and you have to touch the top of the screen to unlock it.

There's an issue after the 5.0.3 update.

The book browsing application cuts a vertical strip of pixels at right when in landscape mode. Header and footer are displayed correctly. The web browser is not affected, also. Here's a screenshot of the problem:

That's nice, mind if I update the next version of the launcher with this?
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote