View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctragdoll View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions. The I Q runs android 2.0 per the manufacturer and cannot be upgraded.
I' d rather not hack it because it was designed to read the library book formats and has always worked. I don' t have a lot of apps on it so doing a factory reset is not a problem. How do I do it?
Yes, it runs Android 2.0, but Pocketbook has over the last year been steadily updating the implementation of Android on the the IQ (AKA, the firmware). They have changed/improved the included apps and utilities and debugged drivers, among other modifications.

If you go to settings, under DEVICE, you'll find a description of the firmware version. If you haven't updated since you got it, you may be running version 2.0.4 or earlier. New and improved (and stable enough to use) are versions 2.0.6 and 2.1.1.

To reset to factory settings you just go to the Settings and look for Privacy.

It'll restore the device to its factory condition but will not affect the SD card.
You *will* have to reinstall your apps and re-enter your WiFi settings.

If you want to update to a newer firmware you can find the files and instructions here:
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/support/pocketbook-iq

Good luck!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote