View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootlessAgrarian View Post
I attach the problem epub file in case any kind soul feels like pointing out what I have obviously done wrong...
epubcheck is what you want. Here's the output from your file:

ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Desktop/test.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(9): unfinished element
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Desktop/test.epub/OEBPS/text/content004.xhtml(13): unknown element "H1" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Desktop/test.epub/OEBPS/text/content004.xhtml(13): The element type "H1" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</H1>".
ERROR: /Users/pdurrant/Desktop/test.epub/OEBPS/text/content004.xhtml: The element type "H1" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</H1>".

Check finished with warnings or errors!

The unfinished element in content.opf just means some required metadata hasn't been set yet.

The unterminated h1 needs fixing. But I seem to see everything in this ePub in Sigil. And what's more, this ePub was saved from Sigil. Could it be you attached the truncated ePub and not the original ePub?

The manifest is the section in the content.opf file inside the <manifest> tag, and is a list of all the files in the ePub used in the content of the ePub.

Perhaps I'm just not seeing the problem - I just checked that the last bit (Permissions) displayed in Sigil.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote