View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #8342
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Excellent he/they did some wonderful stuff.

Did you know Alan Parsons was the recording engineer for Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and the Beatles Let it Be?
I'd heard that he worked with both musical acts, but I didn't know the specifics. Most of what I knew about The Beatles' Let It Be is that it was the album produced by Phil Spector rather than George Martin. As far as Dark Side Of Moon goes, I'd heard about the album for years but never listened to it (except for the song Money which was used as a theme for a financial program on the radio) until recently when I bought the album on CD.

My first experience with The Alan Parsons Project (TAPP) is the album Ammonia Avenue due its great song Don't Answer Me and its accompanying music video. Other than the greatest hits album, I didn't have any other TAPP albums for a long while.

The song If I Could Change Your Mind has led me to begin collected all of TAPP's albums. I've already purchased Tales Of Mystery And Imagination and I Robot and will eventually get all of the albums.

In a related note, the TAPP song Old And Wise was covered by Dana Winner, as shown in the following video:

Dana Winner is an artist that recently to my attention due to her cover of my favorite ABBA song, The Winner Takes It All:

In my searching for Dana Winner videos, I happened upon the following:

As a fan of the Carpenters, it's good to see their music covered by others. They did so many great songs, although with some songs (like this one, a song that was written for them) someone else had the hit:

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote