View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #28
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
A few months ago I was at the National Liberal Club in London for a family do, and got a chance to see around the place.

http://www.nlc.org.uk/

They have a magnificent reading room, books floor to ceiling. Except that they're not -- books, that is. The books used to be there, but looking after them became too hard. I think they're at the British Library now. In their place are painted replicas of all the spines... books as decoration indeed.

Paul
Took the virtual tour ... very posh sort of place. Now, I wonder why they would have a room called a "reading room" if there aren't any books in it?? I like the idea of faking all the rare and old book spines, but maybe they should consider changing the name of the room to the BYOB (as in Bring Your Own Books) Reading Room.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote