View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #89
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I read tons of Karen Robards in the 80's and 90's. She was one of my fave authors. I read most of the bodice rippers, and some of the contemps. I haven't read the Banning books, but they look good. I may have read a few of her earlier romantic suspense books, the one I remember was One Summer which was excellent. I don't think I read anything of hers after that date (1993). Looking at her bibliography, she wrote only RS for the rest of the decade. I quit a lot of authors that decade. I didn't want to read their murder mysteries etc. wrapped up in a romantic blanket. I wanted ROMANCE. Iris Johansen was another who did it, and there were more. I was very disappointed in them.
I know right? What is with the authors all going for the Thrillers these days and calling them romantic suspense. I can them scary! I love Romantic Suspense but not these psychological thrillers wrapped up as one.

Kudos to JoAnn Ross who told her publisher that she couldn't do anymore because she felt like she has serial killers living in her head and it was freaking her out. She now writes regular small town romance and I hear it is a good series.

What I love about Karen Robards' historicals is the Characterization in them are excellent. She really knows how to build up a story and build you in and not let you go till the last page.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote