View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Thing is, security isn't a big deal on Android to begin with. There are no major security flaws on my phone, which still runs IceCreamSandwhich. There were no major security flaws when it ran GingerBread either. If you install pirated software from dubious sites, yeah, there may be a risk involved there, but it's not the responsibility of carriers to protect you from that kind of stupidity.

As much as I hate the way carriers operate in the US, this lawsuit is nothing more than petty whining. You don't have a "right" to the latest and greatest version of software. Does Best Buy owe me a Windows 8 upgrade on my XP laptop I bought 6 years ago? After all it still has good enough specs (barely) to handle it. The logic behind this is simply ridiculous. And if it succeeds, it will cost carriers money. Who do you think will ultimately pay for those increased costs?

Last edited by pl001; 04-18-2013 at 10:16 AM.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote