View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #12
gdxf
Enthusiast
gdxf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz
I would suggest that you use the command line for that. After all, that's what a command line is for

Thanks. I haven't figured out exactly how to use the command line option for batch processing multiple pdf files to lrf files in Windows. Could you provide more details?

For #3, what happens is that the actual page geometry is taken into consideration while splitting it up. eg. if you have a page of 1500x800, then it would be split up as 600x800, 600x800 and 300x800 (the last page would not be utilizing full space). To exactly fit two pages, you'd have to do some non-linear scaling (1500x800 => 1200x800) which would distort the page.

If you have ideas how to avoid this, I'd have no problems in implementing it.

Currently, I rely on manually adjusting the width resolution (usually increasing from 565 pixels) for splitling into two halves.

Actually, if you set it to zero, it will ignore it and use the default one in the profile. Use a very small non-zero value, eg. 1.
This tip solved my puzzle and helped a lot!

Also, after experiments, I think making the "Right" rotation instead of "Left" as default in converting files to landscape mode is more convenient for reading on Sony Reader, ergonomically speaking. That way you can turn pages using the thumb while holding the Sony Reader with only one hand.
gdxf is offline   Reply With Quote