View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
alanine
Connoisseur
alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad v2
Ok, here I bring you an update:

1. I contacted iRex by submitting an online ticket from their website together with all unit information, and a photo.

2. I couldn't find the receipt, so I just said that my unit was bought in late 2007, and already out of warranty.

3. Surprise, surprise.. the representative looked at the photo, confirmed that's an lineout error, didn't mind the out-of-warranty status, and agreed to repair it in warranty.

4. The entire process from submitting the ticket, to receiving an empty box together with paid postage for sending back the faulty unit, to having it repaired and sent back to me took just 3 weeks. Very smooth and impressive indeed.

5. More surprises! They not only replaced the entire screen, but also the plastic body! The old one had paint chip-offs around the corners due to prolonged use, and now everything looks as good as new!

I have nothing but praises to say about the wonderful customer service experience I've had with iRex Technologies. I'm now a very satisfied customer, and I truly hope this is not just an individual case. Wish you all good luck, and wish iRex good luck in competing with new comers, Amazon, that is, in the e-ink game!
alanine is offline   Reply With Quote