View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #34
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
This suggests that the only reason people would throw the device away is because of the battery issue, but which is an extremely questionable assumption. I have a an old Creative Nomad II mp3 player which takes batteries and still works, but I never use it, despite the fact that I also have the 64MB (not GB) SmartMedia card it uses. Battery life is just not a limiting factor for these devices.

Note, too, that devices with non-user-replaceable batteries aren't the same as units with non-replaceable batteries: Apple will replace the batteries in iPods, iPhones, and iPads for a fee ($49-$99), which is reasonable enough after 5 years or so (I have a 7 year old iPod that is still on the original battery).
Well i've a dead iPod 64gb 3rdgen which I actually bought new in 2010 and now the battery is completely dead, I've been told they can't change the battery and I need to buy the new model. I also have an archos 404cam media player which is also now dead due to an internal battery.

I've had to have a T1 replaced when the reset button didn't function, if it had a removeable battery I could have just pulled it out and put it back in.

Also a built in battery is a very limiting factor if your out and about I have two for my phone and one is an extended one that let me significantly boost the devices battery life. With an internal battery that is impossible I'm honestly sick of being burnt by these internal batteries they are terrible for the consumer.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote