View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #37
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Versioning without comments up to v1.0, unless the author specifically asks for help. But also having a target date for v1.0 to be there by.
OK, fine by me

If people want to show what they're doing, they'll just post the 0.x versions. If they want help with those, just ask.
People who don't want anybody to see what they're doing until version 1.0, just post that one as soon as you reach it.

Quote:
I think the commenting in the folders...
...concentrate on line editing and polishing.
Sounds fine by me. It's logical to do the big stuff at first, and then, in a second pass, fix spelling, grammar and style.

Quote:
I think authors will always want to update and tweak, so I don't think we can set any story as final until we're ready to assemble the ebook.
With "final" I mean that there shouldn't be any huge changes to the story anymore. Not inserting or removing entire scenes, or suddenly creating another character. That would defeat the editing process.

It's OK to change words around here and there, fix spelling or grammar mistakes, clarify passages a bit if necessary; the sort of things that don't drastically change the story.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote