View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #78
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post
- Would it be possible to specify the path to the custom CSS file via the configuration XML instad of hard-coded importing the [READER]\css\style.css?
Definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post
Morkl
After installing your modified EbookReader, some of my epubs couldn't be opened any more. I compared these epubs to those which work and found out that the *.opf and *.ncx files in the 'bad' epubs were saved as UTF-8 without BOM and using Unix line break style (LF only) and in the 'good' epubs - as UTF-8 with BOM and using Windows line break style (CR+LF). I re-saved the *.opf and *.ncx files of one 'bad' epub using the "right' format, and it could be opened well again.
This is not really a bug, but maybe it would be possible for you to fix them...
What happened when you tried to open them?

Did the files work in the stock Reader (that would be strange, since I haven't touched anything that should affect that functionality)? Anyhow, I'll take a look at it when I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
(I've also added 1 smallcaps and 1 fancy dropcap)
Do you have font-variant: small-caps definitions that work on the PRS-T1? Care to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't know the full answer to this question. I can say that with <fontSizeTableEpub>, if you create an epub with the same paragraph displayed multiple times with different css
  • font-size: 100%
  • font-size: 1em
  • font-size: medium
  • font-size: 12pt

then if you view at the zoom-level which is set to 100 in <fontSizeTableEpub> all 4 paragraphs look the same. As expected, as you change zoom levels, the first 3 zoom accordingly but the last stays the same.

So for epub, I'd say the units are equivalent to %s, i.e. a setting of 80 in the table will be equivalent to font-size 80% or 0.8em in the css.
Thank you for working this out - I didn't really have any idea myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
Here's another idea... Can the font-selector work double-duty also as a css-picker? For instance: (assuming that all css files are in the same location as the current style.css)

<font name="Amasis" type="serif" regular="AmasisMTW1G.otf" italic="AmasisMTW1G-Italic.otf" bold="AmasisMTW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="AmasisMTW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
<font name="Univers Next" type="sans-serif" regular="UniversNextW1G-Regular.otf" italic="UniversNextW1G-Italic.otf" bold="UniversNextW1G-Bold.otf" bolditalic="UniversNextW1G-BoldItalic.otf" />
<font name="Western Style 2" type="css" filename="style2.css" />
<font name="CJK Font" type="css" filename="CJKstyle.css" />

Just throwing some ideas out in the open...
I've been thinking something like that myself, but I'd prefer to have each font (or perhaps rather "style") defined as one item to avoid confusion regarding order.

So, something like this:
Code:
<style name="MyFont" basestyle="style.css" serifregular="reg.ttf" serifitalic="italic.ttf" serifbold="bold.ttf" serifbolditalic="bolditalic.ttf" sansregular="sansreg.ttf" sansitalic="sansitalic.ttf" sansbold="sansbold.ttf" sansbolditalic="sansbolditalic.ttf" />
...or I could just redefine the nomenclature, and make the "Font selector" a "Style selector":

Code:
<styles baseStyle="base.css">
  <style name="Modern" style="modern.css" />
  <style name="Fantasy" style="fantasy.css" />
  <style name="Extra Margins" style="extramargins.css" />
  <!-- ... -->
</styles>
Pros:
CSS selector integrated in the Reader that remembers the setting for each book
Very easy to implement

Cons:
CSS files need to be kept for each style

So, which way do you think would be the best?
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote