View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 04:31 AM   #38
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I mean that a reader might allow the user to specify some custom CSS, but if you add "!important" to the book's CSS, that will override the custom CSS, thus "breaking" the reader's feature.

I don't know if there are any dedicated reader that allows this (it's certainly something I'd wish), but I believe the Calibre viewer does. Say, for instance, that I like my books justified, so I put in my custom CSS:

Code:
p {text-align: justify;}
and all is fine. Then comes an author that thought that his book looks better left aligned and added this to his book:

Code:
p {text-align: left;}
No problem for me, my custom CSS has higher priority, and I see the text justified anyway. Then comes another author who only tested the book in Stanza, and added (assuming Stanza needs this, which I don't know):

Code:
p {text-align: left !important;}
which is not overridden by my custom CSS, because that's what "!important" means, and I'm forced to see the text left-aligned.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote