View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #72
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
What's the point? I read for the text. I want the sharpest text and the clearest pages possible. And I want to make the font the size and style that is easiest for me to read. I don't want my options locked in by the publisher which is what this would need.
That's the beauty of having a modern/capable reading device/app. The publisher does NOT "lock in your options". You have the ability to select "as published" or change it to your liking.
For those who like seeing how the publisher/creator designed the book, they could. If you get your way, all readers/apps would be limited to what you consider acceptable/desirable.
If your device doesn't allow changes to be made...get a new device. Don't limit the designer's artistic tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
Like fake page turns. Pointless waste of programming and memory space.
Some people like those page turns. It is only pointless if you don't allow the user to change it or turn it off...like the horrible margins in ibooks.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote