View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #28
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I think that the problem is that some people over study things and put too much importance into narrow meanings that actually don't have much significance in the wider real world.

What do I care about what watch a beautiful Russian tennis star wears in a glossy ad in a magazine? Nothing really except that while I am looking at the beautiful blonde and her braids, I do notice the watch, the name of the maker and may even peruse some information about it.
I will apply the same scrutiny to the watch worn by a Navy Seal or a Marine Scout, or for that matter, to the one on the arm of the fellow in the next row at the gas station on the highway, gassing up his Jag convertible last week. My lady friend mentioned that his watch had a face that was wider than his wrist. I replied that it was almost as big as the smile on his face when he looked at her. (You see I also know what sells.)

Would anyone be surprised to find out that the proud Jag and watch owner had perused several big glossy ads in magazines that showed attractive and impressive people with Jags and very large watches? Not me.

I offered to let him use the squeegee, I had gotten from the pump stand, on his windshield but he politely declined, and then we noticed that he took a few of the napkins from the squeegee box, wet them, and carefully wiped a few spots off the Jag. He has a few ideas of his own about what sells.

Ads like Katie Price's sell books as well as movies and sometimes action figures and also cars and watches. I won't go into the clothes, boots and fragrance angles.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote